Keep these tips in mind when buying jewelry online:
1. Make sure the site you are browsing is secure. Keep away from those sites which not offer secure checkouts with SSL encryption or certification.
2. Make sure you’re doing business with a reliable jewelry retailer. You can see whether it has a good shopping cart system and have a look at the "About Us" page to know more about the company you want to deal with. Check whether the company is rated with the Better Business Bureau, consumer protection agency or another supervisory organ.
3. Seek for recommendations and opinions from friends who have bought online to find a reputable retailer. You can also check reviews and consumer rating. If the consumer rating reaches a 95% satisfaction level or above, it would be nice, because not any company can satisfy everyone. You can also find a long-established company which does have a solid and prolonged reputation; it is much safer in principle.
4. Choose a company which provides high-quality detailed images and particular descriptions, then you can get a better idea about the jewelry. Though it cannot replace seeing the jewelry in person, it will give you a general idea of what the jewelry looks like. Don’t use your imagination too much!
5. Does the company list specifics about their jewelry and gemstones? For example, the specifics of diamond’s cut, color clarity and carats should be all listed. If there are no listings about the jewelry, I will be careful to make purchase.
6. Being educated about the gemstones or metal in the jewelry that you want to buy is helpful to find the desired jewelry online.
7. Find out the origin of the jewelry. The information about where they acquire the jewelry should be given on the website clearly. It’s important to avoid buying fake or illegal jewelry.
8. Bear in mind that certificates are necessary, especially for gemstones and diamonds.
9. Have a clear knowledge of information about guarantee and return policy. Buying a piece of fine jewelry is an investment, so you must be sure your purchase is guaranteed and your money can be completely refunded in time if you want to return the item.
10. When you place an order, pay special attention to sizes and additional options.
I believe that if you keep these tips in mind while buying jewelry online, it will be easier for you to make a deal. You will no longer need to worry about “should I buy the piece or not?” The only issue you should concern is “do I like it?”